Below are research points, but also what could potentially be a running order for how I present the ideas I work with. Leading from a basis of understanding through to the direct point, leading outwards to other instances and then drawing it back again as a conclusion seems to work quite well.
- SURREALISM – beginnings, influences, main beliefs and concepts
- SURREALISM IN PHOTOGRAPHY – Who were prominent photographers/graphic artists, how did they include the movement within their work? How did it impact work from before/after the movement was happening?
- FEMALE FORM AND REPRESENTATION – SEXUALISATION, EROTICISM – how did eroticism become such a big part of surrealism and why was sex/pornographic imagery so widely used? How were women represented within imagery within this movement – were they making it?
- REACHING FURTHER THAN SURREALISM – other representations of highly sexualised images -Mapplethorpe, Schiele, Irving Penn’s Nudes, story (instagram censorship)
- HOW SURREALISM COULD HAVE IMPACTED THESE IMAGES, AND HOW IT STILL DOES (as conclusion).